Hi, My Friend!Christmas is coming! And we’re surrounded by all things Red and Green wherever we go, don’t we?! And so… I thought that now is the perfect time for me to tell you all about my love for a Bright (and especially RED) Lipstick!
Umm… to be honest, I actually drafted this post a few months ago… But with all the Pre-Thanksgiving Recipe-Sharing Rush I didn’t have a chance (and the time!) to publish this post! 🙂 So… Why Red Lipstick (aside from it having been super-trendy lately)?
The Red Lip Makeup instantly brightens up anyone’s completion!
No matter how pale/exhausted/sleep-depraved/stressed out/… you may be, the bright RED will provide the beautiful pop of color that’ll make you look super-radiant!
The Red Lip Makeup is Good for your skin!
I know, this isn’t what first comes to mind when we think about a lipstick! But bare with me! Unless you don’t like wearing any makeup at all, you know how difficult it can be to achieve the desired results (i.e. you look significantly better with your makeup on!) without putting a decent effort into it, right?
For instance, if you decide that you want your eye makeup to take the center stage in your look, you have to first line your eyes with a pencil. Then come the eye-shadows. And then… you blend, blend, blend them! Until everything looks nice and even. Then comes the mascara. …If you’re going for that “trendy” unusual (yellow or pink) eye-shadow makeup, things get even more complicated. Because then there is NO WAY that you’ll look good without first making the rest of your face look FLAWLESS! And if you’re flashing some under-eye dark circles or your skin tone isn’t perfectly even, that yellow eye-shadow will only make things worse!
Now think about how much you’ll be rubbing, pulling and stretching your poor skin in the process! As much as I love having this type of fun with my makeup sometimes… I try avoiding doing this to my skin very often.
But with the Red Lip Makeup this rubbing and pulling won’t be the case! Because it’s the lips that take the center stage! And how damaging can it be to apply that lipstick to your lips?! It can actually be considered beneficial for your skin because it moisturizes your lips! You can completely forget about all the rubbing and pulling that comes with the eye-makeup because adding too much color to your eyes won’t actually look good now! (It’ll look… vulgar, right?). All I accompany my red lips with is some blush and some brow pencil to add some dimension to my face. 🙂
The Red Lip Makeup is a huge Time-Saver!
After I’ve told you all about how hustle-free the Red Lip Makeup is compare to the Smoky-Eye Makeup for instance, I don’t need to convince you too much now that skipping all the hassle not only helps you preserve your skin… It also saves you SO MUCH TIME!
The Red Lip Makeup is Super-Easy!
Because… how difficult is it to learn how to line your lips with a lipstick?! Not the same as with the Smoky-Eye Makeup, right? You’ll have to watch some tutorials to do that one properly, right?
The Red Lip Makeup is a Big-Time Confidence Booster!
No wonder it’s also known as the French Women’s staple! Think about how empowered it makes a girl feel! And that, my friend, I consider to be yet another Healthy Benefit of the Red Lipstick! Why? It’s because I believe that there is NOTHING in the world that’s better for our health (and thus for your beauty) than the GOOD MOOD!!! Seriously, even then spinach takes the second place… 🙂
My Red Lip Makeup:
- On my lips I used my most favorite Rouge in Love by Lancome . It has that perfect long-lasting velvety texture. But it’s also super-moisturizing and feels great on my lips! I first got it as a gift and it’s been my must-have ever since!
- I didn’t have any pimples or red spots to conceal today. So all I applied to my face was the Tinted Sunscreen (once again, my must-have whenever I go outdoors!)
- This one’s important: whenever I use the red lipstick I always apply my blush! The blush creates an overall even and natural look. And if it’s a Creamy Blush – it’s also super-easy to apply!
- Finally I always like to line my brows with a Brow Pencil and finish the look with the Brow Powder to keep that pencil in place.
- If, (and that’s IF, the big IF) I’m going to a super-important event and I want to make sure that I look my best, I also apply some Mascara. Because yes, it really completes this beautiful look! But on the every-day basis… It’s OK to skip this step, too! 🙂