Happy Thursday, friend!
If you take a quick look at my style-related posts you may conclude that I am not a big fan of accessories… (especially when it comes to wearing the big and flashy ones!) And… yes, you guessed it right! My typical look includes very few if any accessories and the ones that I wear are usually very tiny. That makes perfect sense to me. And here’s why:
- The tiny accessories always look expenisive! Even if they’re made with the glass instead of the diamonds, when they’re tiny – who could ever tell if the studs are these for $1000 or these for $10 (unless they take a very close look at you)
- The tiny accessories let the rest of the outfit stand out without overwhelming it with too much bling.
- Finally even if you wear something extravagant or busy like this outfit for instance, you will hardly ever look overdressed if you don’t over-accessorize it!
But sometimes I do wear large accessories! Such as these extra-large beautiful earrings!
So here’re a few of my do’s and don’t’s for wearing the large statement accessories:
- Do wear them with something plain and simple. A classic LBD is my first choice.
- Do wear them with another statement accessory that absolutely must compliment the earrings. Leave the rest of the outfit plain and simple.
- Do wear them with an unusually or uniquely-cut bottom only if it matches the earrings’ style and colors, such as these culottes or this maxi skirt. Leave the top plain and simple.
- Don’t wear them with anything that contradicts the earrings in style.
- Don’t wear them with a voluptuous outfit.
- Don’t ever wear them with a “busy” outfit like this one!
And here’re two more things…
- Don’t wear them with a uniquily-cut fashion top or blouse. On the photo below my black cami is pretty basic, but still, look at how the lace and the straps draw the attention away from the earrings!
- Do wear them with a bare-shoulder top (a tube top is my #1 pick, but since the off-the-shoulder is trending now :), an off the shoulder top will do, too.) On the photo below you can see how the earrings stand out now that I drew the straps of the top down to bare my shoulders!
So… what do you think of these super-extra large earrings? I know they’re huge, right? 🙂 Would you wear something like this? (be honest, I am always open to criticism!) Do you have a statement accessory that brings some of your simple outfits from plain to stand-out?
I’d love to hear all about it in the comments below!
SHOP THIS POST: