The Healthy Overnight Waffles are low-calorie, all-natural, take only a few minutes to prepare and that ALWAYS, ALWAYS come out RIGHT!Hi, friends! …Long time no post! And my sincere apologies for that! It’s just that with the kids entering two different schools (my youngest, Alec, is still in 4th grade Elementary, and my oldest, Aric just started Middle School!), I’ve been literally torn between the two places and two sets of challenges staying up super-late filling out all the forms and talking to all the teachers!
And speaking of staying up late… Is there anything in the world that you hate more than getting up super-early (after you’ve stayed up till the wee hours last night) and rushing around to get yourself (and the other family members, if you’re a parent, which makes it SO MUCH MORE DIFFICULT!) out of the house on-time? Because there is one other thing that I dread even more than that!
And that is… getting up super-early AND having to compose a healthy breakfast when I’m already in a hurry to get out of the door!
Sounds familiar? Anyway, it sounds VERY familiar to ME! 🙂Also, here’s the secret that I’m going to only share with you: a big part in why I love making all kinds of healthy sweets that you can eat for breakfast is because… yes! You guessed it! It’s so much easier to serve the Healthy Breakfast Cookies or the Healthy Chocolate Quick Bread than it is… well, cooking breakfast from scratch!But then, can you only serve the “desserts for breakfast” and avoid making the classic morning favorites just because you’re being… lazy and sleepy in the mornings? That wouldn’t be fair, right?And does that mean that you’ll have to get yourself out of bed a half an hour earlier to make a “classic” healthy breakfast for your family! Well, the answer is…
Because you can make these Healthy Overnight Waffles instead! 🙂
- All you need to do is mix the dough the night before and in the morning, and… Viola! It’s all ready to be poured into your waffle-maker!
- The waffle dough will NEVER end up being too doughy, and the waffles will NEVER come out too flat or too dense!
- Instead your waffles will ALWAYS be airy and fluffy thanks to a secret ingredient in it! (scroll down to the recipe)!
- Finally, they just taste AMAZING! Trust my words, guys! I can literally eat half of the batch all by myself, because they’re just… SO GOOD!
Did I get your attention now?! 🙂 OK!And just in case you’re still in the mood for some real (yet healthy) Dessert For Breakfast (whether it’s because you don’t want to cook ANYTHING at all in the mornings, or because… well, you just want to have your dessert for breakfast!)… Here’re a few healthy yet scrumptious ideas for you: 🙂
- Healthy White Chocolate Banana Blondies
- Healthy Summer Berry Brownies
- Healthy Strawberry Marshmallow Soufflé (that you also prepare the night before!)
- Healthy Low-Calorie Cake With Low-Calorie Frosting
So do you now have an excuse to skip your breakfast? 🙂
Healthy Overnight Waffles
Healthy Low-Calorie Overnight Waffles that ALWAYS come out yummy!
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp fructose sugar
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 2/3 cups fat-free or low-fat milk
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tbsp oil or butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
In a large bowl whisk the flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add the milk, egg whites, oil or butter and vanilla. Beat together until the ingredients are incorporated.
Cover the dough loosely and set overnight (or up to 24 hours) in the fridge.
When ready to bake, stir the batter. Pour about 2/3 of batter into the preheated and lightly greased waffle maker. Repeat with the remaining batter.
If desired dust the waffles with some powdered sugar or serve with some maple syrup and fruit.