So how had 2017 been treating you so far? I so hope that you’ve been doing good and feeling great!
And… how about those New Years Resolutions?:) Have you been sticking to them? 🙂 Or had it rather been… difficult?And I’m only asking because… it has been DIFFICULT for me to stick to My New Years’ Resolutions! But let me explain you why…
The #1: To stop stressing so much… That’s been difficult because… on January 1 (yes, on New Years Day!) after a long day of chasing my growing up boys (who tend to fight and make up with each other… like 20 times a day) I decided to de-stress and go out for a good run (my favorite way to de-stress). I wanted to also stop at the neighborhood Ralphs to pick up some groceries since I was already out. So I parked my car by Ralphs, left my bag in the car and took off for my run.
But when I came back… My car’s window was smashed and my bag was missing! …With all my stuff in it (i.e. the wallet with all my IDs, the phone, etc)! And with that… my Stress-Less Resolution… was abandoned right there and then.
The #2: To start scheduling things out, and #3: to schedule my blog posts better. Hum… As you can probably guess… with me now having to run around town to restore my IDs (DMV is as always… the worst) and fixing my car… my schedule was super-erratic and the blog posts were neglected for good…
Oh, well… now that I’ve written all that to “cry” on your shoulder and to ask for forgiveness for a long break in posting… Let’s finally get right to business! 🙂A dessert. A Healthy Dessert. And not only healthy… but an Extra-Skinny Dessert! …A dessert that anyone who’s resolved to start having those healthy breakfasts every single day or to loose a few gained over the Holidays pounds 🙂 can put right to use!
The Luscious Healthy Low-Calorie Chocolate Decadence Parfaits!
- These Parfaits ARE super-healthy! They’re high in protein (thanks to my faves: the greek yogurt and egg whites), all-natural (who needs protein powders or any other processed “boosting” when these natural ingredients already give you all the protein boost that you need!) and extra-nutritious! OK, I added some sugar to them. But very LITTLE sugar. Because the yogurt and the whipped whites are already so naturally flavorful that they don’t need much sugar to make a super-luscious dessert! And if you don’t want to use any sugar at all, you can always use what I consider to be a healthy sugar-alternative: Erythritol (a similar to Stevia sweetener in granules, but without that aftertaste that Stevia usually leaves)
- They are SO EASY to make! It’s really amazing how these super-foods allow you to whip something THAT PRETTY in almost no time!
- They are VERY SKINNY! Because once again… how many calories can a non-fat yogurt and some egg whites add? Compare to the protein and other nutrients that they give us… I think that it’s a great calorie-bargain deal, isn’t it? I topped my parfaits with my Healthy Decadent Hot Fudge Sauce which is super-healthy&low-calorie. The sauce makes this dessert super-decadent! But if you don’t have the sauce and don’t have the time to make it – trust me, just as they are those parfaits won’t disappoint you!
But you also know what? No matter how this first week been for me… or for you… I believe that all those New Years Resolutions aren’t about sticking to them EVERY SINGLE DAY!That kind of an approach may actually stress you out and make you want to forget all about them for good. :)Instead… They’re about not giving up! They’re about doing our best…
Healthy Healthy Low-Calorie Chocolate Decadence Parfaits
- 2 cups fat-free plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 package 3.4 oz instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 pasteurized egg whites
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup Healthy Fudge Sauce**
Whip the yogurt with the chocolate pudding mix.
Whip up the egg whites with the cream of tartar. Once the meringue holds soft peaks add the sugar, a teaspoon at a time and keep whipping until the meringue is stiff and fluffy. Add the vanilla and gently stir to incorporated it.
Drizzle your parfait glasses with the chocolate sauce. Divide the yogurt mousse between 4 glasses. Top with the whipped meringue. Drizzle with some more chocolate sauce.